Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Deep Breath

I am holding on to the scripture that says "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou are with me!" (From Psalm 23). I'm not really near death although sometimes I think that a newborn's cry could put you quite close.

I am watching a 5 1/2 month old little boy who is a precious gem. He is a chubby, strong-willed boy that is quite, how to put this, blessed with a lot of doting and attention. The trouble is...I can dote but I also have a 4 and 6 year old who need my attention. I can't get this little guy to take consistent naps for the life of me. I discovered today the true meaning of the word hysterical. If I could have video-taped the cry he produced (it really was a PRODUCTION!!) when I put him in his bed for a nap I probably could have made good money selling it to Webster's online dictionary under the "hysterical" entry. Good night! You would have thought that the sky was falling. So what to do? He doesn't want to be rocked in my arms or set down to settle. He is tired and needs a nap but wants nothing to do with sleeping. He is even disliking his car seat on rides. Usually that would soothe...not so for him. My son said to me, "Mommy, I don't yike his crying." Amen brother. I don't either.

I can get advice but really this situation calls for my superhero. If my God can raise Jesus from the dead and says that kind of power is available to me - open up the floodgates. Precious Lord, you knew these circumstances before they came. You walk with me through the valley. You hold every answer, every ounce of patience I need and you have shown me compassion so that I might be compassionate. Thank you for all you have done and ALL YOU ARE YET TO DO. I look forward to the blog that will document an answer to this prayer! Amen and Amen!!

1 comment:

sharonie said...

It's now September 16th, hopefully it's going better with that little boy.