Friday, February 01, 2008

Loosing my brain cells and my lunch

Can you guess? Oh yes. Our family reservations are now going to be made for 5. No more two on two for this family. The children are about to outnumber us.

So far, after only nine weeks of pregnancy I have made very good friends with my toilet and my bed. Fatigue and nausea are my constant companions. I have done crazy things to boot. I have found my jar of peanut butter in a whole sink full of dirty dishes and have left the water running in the kitchen sink only to wonder what that wierd rushing water noise was. A couple days ago I actually paid for some things at a store and then left them there. My oldest child said to me, "Mom, I can't believe you just left your stuff there. I mean, how could you do that?" Well daughter, just wait until you are in you mid-thirties and have two children plus one on the way. Kids have a way of just sucking energy and sanity right out of you.

I would not trade my kids for anything. And I would not trade this pregnancy for anything. The bible says that children are a gift from the Lord and I consider myself truly blessed. I got to see my precious babies' heartbeat a week ago. The Lord is already knitting together the most perfect little one in my womb. Despite my constant throw ups and mix ups, I am desperatly humbled by God's grace and elated at the gift of life He has given to me yet again. It still seems rather surreal to me, almost too good to be true. Then I look down at my growing tummy or find myself sick and I remember how real it truly is.

What is it about early pregancy that makes you feel so fat and ugly? Maybe it's the new crop of blemishes or the fact that the only pants that fit right now are sweats?? I have tried to convince my husband that buying new makeup or getting a new haircut really do wonders for a woman's self esteem! He's coming around. What a guy! I've never felt attractive as a preganant woman. I think it has to do with the pickle/chocolate covered pretzel diet?? I just am thankful every day that there is a reason for all of this, a great reason!!

6 comments:

Karebear said...

Oh darlin!
I heard you were feeling rotten.
I'm so sorry for you. But I'm soooo excited for you guys and this little baby to be! Let us know how we can help! xoxo

sharonie said...

Sarah Jane...pretty soon you will be done with your first trimester. I saw you on Saturday night at church,(i think it was Saturday night) and you looked great...sometimes I think we feel worse about ourselves and others don't even notice what we notice about ourselves too. Will you guys find out what sex the baby is? When is your exact due date? How exciting!!!

Lana said...

SO happy for you, my pregnant friend!

Karebear said...

Hey babe!
I missed hanging out with you last night! (I'm so tired of blizzards blowing through and wrecking our girls' nights out! LOL!) Can't wait to see you @ the next one and catch up! xoxo

Judith and Lance said...

Sara Jane --- it's been 20 days, we NEED another fix :)

Judith and Lance said...

Sara Jane -- it's been 20 days we need another FIX :)