Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes. I will not be shy to say that TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. How's it going you wonder? Well, it is just like any other day. The kids were fighting, we were late getting out of the door and I still can't figure out why "cover up" doesn't "cover up" zits. Why make a product that sticks everywhere but where you need it to? It doesn't make sense. My face has broken out even worse than before...why is this happening? Is it my age??

I took all of my Origins products back and went back to the old faithful, Neutrogena. Time will tell...it is just frustrating at 32 to worry about! Good grief.

I have cried several times today. In the shower, at the coffee shop and even a little now. I don't know what it is. I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed to have another day to live my life and enjoy my family. Can't quite put my finger on it.

A friend of mine gave me a chocolate bar for my birthday...WHAT A FRIEND! Friends give friends chocolate!! I have managed not to eat the whole bar in one day! Quite a feat, I know. By the way, the Body by God is going a little haywire. Thanksgiving threw me off...or maybe I just went bonkers from completely cutting out sugar....???? Who knows. I am having a hard time keeping the sugar out of my diet. A friend of mine said today, "You can be addicted to sugar just like anything else, you know." Thanks for pointing that out, dear friend! Now I have guilt. :)

I have been thinking a lot about words lately. Perhaps why I have not posted in awhile. Words have power. I have realized the influence that words have and I think that it has scared me for the first time. I know that I am going to be held accountable for my words and I want to make sure that the ones I choose are glorifying God. I don't have everything figured out. I would not consider myself a pillar in the faith. But, as Joyce Meyer says, "I may not be where I should be but praise God that I am not where I used to be. I'm okay and I'm on my way." Amen sister. One grace-filled moment at a time He works eternity into me. Help me not to let you down Dear Lord. I long for only You. You are more than enough. Thank you for the life you have blessed me with and the days I have been able to live so far. Help me, to as Steven Curtis Champan says, "live for every moment and live every moment for the Lord."

2 comments:

Joanna Annerino said...

Sara Jane,

You state you're having a first time hesitance with words because they have power and influence...and they do. But the example you set with your gentle spirit, friendship and kindness speak volumes and are a reflection of God working in your life! And many times, that is much more powerful than words.

sharonie said...

Happy Late Birthday! I would love to talk sometime, it seems as though I see you when i have 19 students following behind me! I hope you are doing well, and I enjoy reading your blog.

Have you really cut sugar out of your diet? I need to do that....do you see an effect on you by doing so?