Monday, July 16, 2007

Moving On

Today I just had a bit of trouble getting up out of bed. Ever had a day like that?? Of course, I have an incentive in that my 4 year old insists on poking as his method of waking me. The poking doesn't stop until my feet hit the floor. Well, let me back up, I think for some reason I have inadvertently trained my children to walk to their dad's side of the bed in the early morning. I don't mind and he doesn't either. He should get dad of the year award!! The problem with my kids going to my husband's side of the bed is that I am the one who ends up sleeping in quite by accident.

I am trying to get up out of bed earlier, again, to read my bible and exercise. For whatever reason, it always ends up that I only have time for one. But this morning, my husband helped me to get up. I read my bible AND exercised. After I had done so, I had this feeling come over me, almost a heaviness. I felt really sad and overwhelmed. I actually just stopped in my tracks and analyzed what was going on?? God would not make me feel this way. So, through a process of elimination the only one left was the enemy. He is never happy when I am. He is never thrilled when I spend quality time in God's word or when I do something healthy. The enemy is sneaky.

I am thankful and even overwhelmed at the love of God today. I am so thankful for the power of the Holy Spirit. Because, in that moment, I encouraged myself. I told myself to put my trust, my focus, my thoughts on the Lord. You can guess what happened!! That feeling left as soon as it had come. I moved on. I made a choice not to take on those feelings of sadness or heaviness and they couldn't stay on me.

Yeah God! Thank you that you give strength to the weak! I am thankful for a scripture that I read this morning, "For God is working in you , giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him" Philippians 2:13. God not only gives me the power to overcome but He blesses me with the DESIRE to obey. We don't have to muster up the desire to do right!!! He gives us that desire!! Thank you Lord that you meet all of our needs right down to the very depths of each heart!

One other thing that I am overwhelmed with today is the absolute necessity of praying and interceding for each other! I can think of a couple of friends who are going through tough stuff. Guess what my friends?? Be encouraged today. Your sister in the Lord is lifting you up. Believing when you can't and cheering for you when you feel like you want to quit. Won't you take on the task of praying for those closest to you today?!!

No comments: