Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Simple Favorites

Today I revert back to telling you about one of my favorite things. I have craved and given into...(drum roll please)...pickles! (No, I'm not pregnant). My favorite, hands down is Claussen Kosher Dill spears. Now, I once made the mistake of asking my husband if "Kosher" meant that the pope prayed over the food. He quickly retorted, half laughing, "You mean the Catholic Pope?" Duh. Sometimes I think that I should give things in my head a bit more time to process before I actually share them...this would probably save me a lot of grief. But then again, my husband would not have the enjoyment of laughing!

Anyway, these pickles are awesome. Sour, but not too sour. They crunch when you bite them and they top of any Chicago dog better than any pickle I have found. For some reason I have a new found love affair with Chicago dogs. Lots of people assume that I am a health food nut...which is partially true, but I eat junk too. That, as I have said before, is a balanced diet. Chicago dog on an organic whole grain bun with organic chips followed by antioxidant rich dark chocolate. Balanced perfectly in my mind.

So, if you have a hankering for pickles, head to the refrigerated section at your market and pick Claussen Kosher Dill Spears. Remember, the pope didn't pray over them...but I could if you like. Lord, bless these pickles as they have blessed me!!

No comments: