Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Morning

So far this brilliant Wednesday morning has brought much variety. I woke up earlier than I wanted to but later than I should have. I went out in the Chicago snow to shovel just to wake up. Not much to shovel, but more is coming so I thought I would get a head start.

I made oatmeal for myself. I got a great deal with all my coupons so I have 4 boxes of oatmeal. Unfortunately, no one else in my house enjoys it. So...more oats for me.

The kids got out the door on time. We even sat down and did a devotional. Okay, so I bribed them by saying that they couldn't play the computer of Wii unless they could answer all the questions in the devotional first. Hopefully any amount of the word that I give them will sink in.

I did a 40 minute workout that frustrated the daylights out of me. Some moves that were suppose to be hard were way too easy for me which could only mean one thing: I was doing it wrong. My youngest cried for probably the last 20 minutes while either trying to climb on top of me or pulling my hair. I bribed him with marshmallows.

I tried to get my youngest down for a nap. I ended up taking a shower instead and then finally got him down for a nap.

Oh yeah, before the nap I snacked on pretzels dipped in homemade butter. You know the kind where you shake the jar of whipping cream. I added a bit of salt and shook away. (A carry-over idea from my daughter's Little House on the Prairie party). I ate too much butter but enjoyed every bite. Re consumed every calorie that I burned doing my workout.

I am determined to get a revelation from my bible reading today. I am in Deuteronomy. There is a lot of great stuff in this book and then a lot of stuff that makes me so very glad I live in the here and now.

Well, other things have fought for my attention before my devotions. So, I am going to go and get it done. I am desperate for Jesus today.

1 comment:

rjoshcook said...

Thanks for your honesty! I love you baby!