Friday, April 18, 2008

Life at my speed

It is 2:00 p.m. and I am still in my pajamas. My son is still in his pajamas. I asked him if he wanted to put on his clothes and he said "No, not yet." I asked him why and he replied, "Because my jammies are so fluffy." I could not argue with that. Today I agree with him. I have on my satin pj bottoms and and nice comfy shirt. Why bother with clothes when I am comfortable the way I am!!

We have had a crazy week. Trips to hospitals and doctors offices have made this girl tired. Next week will bring casts for my daughter and will also bring news whether we are having a boy or a girl. (I guess girl today). I was laying in bed this morning reminding myself that we are to forget what lies behind, even 24 hours behind, and press on towards what lies ahead. Even when what lies ahead seems difficult nothing is impossible with our God.

I heard Beth Moore say something this week that has stuck with me, "God's enormity trumps our inferiority." Hallelujah. Where we are weak and lacking He is strong. Where I don't measure up He picks up the slack. What an amazing God we serve.

Okay, here is my crazy question of the day. I have spent a lot of time over my sink the last couple days. We purchased a juicer, I love it, but it requires a lot of cleaning! Anyway, why is it that stainless steel sinks stain?? I get these crazy water stains everywhere. I thought it was called "stainless" steel?? What's the deal?

Back to the juicer. We decided that this purchase would make us healthier. We purchased nice produce, as nice as the budget would allow, and off we went. I thought, wow, I am clever because I can sneak a carrot into my kid's juice. I made my son a cup of strawberry, grape, apple, carrot. He took one sip and said, "I don't yike it!" "What part don't you like?" I replied. "The part that I swallow," he said. Well, that about covers it. So much for health for my kids. I have tried many ways to get veggies into them. I think prayer that somehow God would enrich fruit snack with antioxidants is all I am left with.

I feel healthier from my juice. I enjoy making different mixtures. Today was tomato, carrot, celery and apple. Fresh tomato juice is quite tasty. I don't know about the celery part...I had to imagine that taste away with every sip. The spiritual implication of course, God's word is sweet. There are those parts however, that are hard to swallow. They are good for us, but sometimes they are hard to get down.

Here's to a healthy, lazy Friday afternoon. Thanks Lord for your enormity!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Mmm....the juice soungs good! I agree - thank you,Lord, for your enormity...and thank you, Sara Jane, for finally posting something! ha ha Love & miss you!