Monday, May 01, 2006

Just Bananas

My latest great find is from Trader Joe's (one of my very favorite stores!) They have dried bananas that are called "Nothing But Banana,...Flattened." The ingredient list supports this claim as the only thing written there is "bananas." They are naturally sweet and really quite good once you get over the look and the initial smell. After you manage to get it into your mouth they taste like...Well, bananas. (Excellent alternative to candy in my book). If I can get my husband to eat them, then they are truly safe!~

Wouldn't it be nice if our life story could read something like those bananas, "Nothing but genuine kindness and love...Period." I'm the first to admit that I have all sorts of additives in my ingredient list that need to be removed. Sometimes I wish that I could reach inside and rid my ingredient list of those nasty things that have affected my relationships...Like pride, selfishness, insecurity and the list goes on.

My prayer is that God would give me a clean heart as Psalm 51:10 says. He alone can pare down my list of unnecessary extras that make me a source of "empty calories." As I yield to Him on a daily basis and walk by the Spirit of God than I know that I can proclaim, "By your grace God I am nothing but...Goodness." After all the only "good" in us is Jesus.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am SO excited to read what Sara Jane says! I think it will help me feel like I get to visit with you more often, and I know I will be encouraged because I always am when we speak in person. I am adding you to my favorites right now! :-)