Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sweeter than Honey

Every morning I get up and make my coffee. Now those of you who know me, know that I love coffee and not just any coffee will do. It has to be the one with the little green mermaid on it. For those of you who aren't coffee savvy the company's name comes from the book, Moby Dick, and the name of the first mate in that book is...drumroll please...Starbuck. So, the only kind of coffee in my book is Starbucks. My parents share my love of this brand and in fact call any other kind of coffee 'a warm beverage.' Anyway, I don't just make the old drip coffee, I make vanilla lattes.

Well, my love for vanilla lattes has recently evolved. I found that there was a little something missing. The solution? Starbuck's caramel sauce. If you have never tried this decadent treat you are truly missing out. This stuff is not just regular caramel. It can't even be compared with the dribble you get from the grocer's ice cream topping isle. No, this stuff is liquid gold. When I squeeze this caramel from the bottle it takes time for it to make its way into my coffee. After all, good things come to those who wait, right? Wow, once this stuff hits the perfect cap of foam on my vanilla latte, I can hardly put the caramel down before I am sipping it off my coffee. Now the reason I tell you this is that Starbuck's has this sauce on clearance right now. They are discontinuing it so it is half-off! Today is the day to revolutionize your sweet treat repertoire. Well, maybe I shouldn't have told you...If you live in the Chicago area I have probably already purchased any that is available. You'll have to enjoy it at my house.

Now as fantastic as this caramel sauce is there is still something sweeter and more satisfying. Sorry vanilla latte with caramel, you take a back seat. Psalm 119:103 says, "How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey [or caramel sauce] to my mouth." The bracketed comment of course is my translation. God's word is supposed to be a sweet and satisfying meal.
Am I indulging in God's word and making it as precious to me as my morning coffee? Do I relish every word that God has inspired? I don't ever want to feel like reading my bible is an arduous task or something that I do because I am suppose to. My desire is to bolt out of bed not just because I have caramel to look forward to, but because God has an incredible banquet awaiting me. His words endure forever and won't ever be discontinued!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Looking forward to having a vanilla latte with carmel sauce with you very soon! :-) I am loving reading your thoughts... it's like a mini retreat for my spirit!